Alec Dewar is a researcher in contemporary Nordic literature at St. Andrews University, Scotland. His essays and reviews have appeared in Scandinavian Studies, Scandinavica, and Edda. He wrote exclusively about contemporary Icelandic literature for Splice throughout 2018.
Alec also takes care of social media for Splice, behind the scenes, tweeting @ThisIsSplice.
Reviews for Splice
- Devotions: Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir’s Hotel Silence
- What Are Poets For If They Can’t Help Us Live?: Jón Kalman Stefánsson’s About the Size of the Universe
- Bernhard in the Wastelands: Ófeigur Sigurðsson’s Öræfi
- Haven’t We Been Here Before?: Bragi Ólafsson’s Narrator
- Complex Cosmopolitanism: Sjón’s CoDex 1962