Thea Hawlin is a writer, artist and cultural critic based in Italy. She writes for publications such as the Times Literary Supplement, LitHub, Review 31, and AnOther. She has also managed social media for Asymptote, the online journal of literary translation, and was recently a contributor to The Digital Critic: Literary Culture Online, the acclaimed collection of essays from O/R Books.
Thea tweets @TheodoraHawlin.
Reviews for Splice
- Reading the World: Lisa Halliday’s Asymmetry
- Reading as a Form of Exploration: Alicia Kopf’s Brother in Ice
- forthcoming: Sharlene Teo’s Ponti
Reviews Elsewhere (since 2018)
- The Artist Who Captured the Female Body In All Its Glory (AnOther)
- The 1971 French Spaghetti Western Starring Brigitte Bardot (AnOther)
- ‘I can’t imagine writing without translation’: An Interview with Livia Franchini (Review 31)
- How Piero Fornasetti’s Enduring Influence Can Still Be Felt Today (AnOther)
- The Female Entrepreneur Who Pioneered the Beauty Industry (AnOther)
- Lost Photographs Documenting New York’s Streets in the 1950s (AnOther)
- The 1960s Neo-Avant-Garde Champion of Independent Cinema (AnOther)
- ‘Women are Furies’: Valentine de Saint-Point’s Futurist Activism (AnOther)
- The Female Jewish Photographer and Art Director You’ve Never Heard Of (AnOther)